One Killed, Three Wounded in Northwest Dade Shooting
Shots rang out last night near 95th Street and NW 29th Avenue, as two unidentified men shot at four others. Police were called a little after 9:30 p.m. When they arrived, they found the four victims, all males between the ages of 30 and 40.
They were taken to Ryder Trauma Center, where one, a 35-year-old, was pronounced dead. Two other men are said to be responsible for the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. [Herald]
- Miami-Dade Police Det. Carlos Castillo was hit with a cinder block and run over with his own police car Friday night in Liberty City. Michael Paul Robertson turned himself in on charges of attempted murder, and his girlfriend was charged as an accessory. [CBS4]
- In Northwest Dade this morning, someone tried to steal a car with a 3-year-old girl inside. The car was later discovered abandoned two blocks away with the child safe. [WSVN]
- This slight decrease in gas prices? Yeah, sorry, not expected to last. [CBS4]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Fourth Man Pleads Guilty in Sean Taylor Murder, Sentenced to 30 Years
- Miami's Traffic Has Gotten Worse in the Past Year, Still Seventh-Worst in U.S.
- Killian High Stabbing Suspect Sued Former School Over Football Player Rape Allegations
- After Toxic Cleanup, Runaway Equipment Spoils Merrie Christmas Park Reopening