One Killed, Three Wounded in Northwest Dade Shooting
Shots rang out last night near 95th Street and NW 29th Avenue, as two unidentified men shot at four others. Police were called a little after 9:30 p.m. When they arrived, they found the four victims, all males between the ages of 30 and 40.
They were taken to Ryder Trauma Center, where one, a 35-year-old, was pronounced dead. Two other men are said to be responsible for the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. [Herald]
- Miami-Dade Police Det. Carlos Castillo was hit with a cinder block and run over with his own police car Friday night in Liberty City. Michael Paul Robertson turned himself in on charges of attempted murder, and his girlfriend was charged as an accessory. [CBS4]
- In Northwest Dade this morning, someone tried to steal a car with a 3-year-old girl inside. The car was later discovered abandoned two blocks away with the child safe. [WSVN]
- This slight decrease in gas prices? Yeah, sorry, not expected to last. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Erika Now Projected To Miss South Florida
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys