One Dead in Miami Gardens Strip Club Shooting
Our cover story this week is on murders in club land, and unfortunately a shooting last night claimed the life of one man and injured two others. The shooting took place around 4 a.m. at Mint Lounge, at Northwest 187th Street and 25th Avenue in Miami Gardens.
According to police, an altercation took place inside the strip club which led to gunfire. Thirty-four-year-old Larry Smith was shot and killed on the scene. Another man and a woman were shot and taken to the hospital where they are in stable condition. The gunman is still on the loose, and police are investigating what led up to the murder. [WSVN]
If it bleeds it leads:
- A 56-foot boat mysteriously caught fire off Key Biscayne yesterday. Those on board were rescued by a passing boat, and the fire was contained but not before causing massive damage to the vessel. [WSVN]
- The body of 28-year-old Javaughn Johnson, who has been missing since January, may have been found when a body was pulled from a canal yesterday. [CBS4]
- The final suspect in the University of Miami Starbucks robbery has been arrested. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Marco Rubio on Cecil the Lion: "But What About Abortion?"
- Dolphins Bring Back Old Logo and Throwback Uniforms for One Game
- Hillary Clinton to Speak at FIU on Friday (She's Just Not Sure If You're Invited or Not)