Oddsmakers: Heat Have 2/1 Odds to Threepeat
The start of NBA season is just weeks away, and oddsmakers are rolling out the betting lines for who will win the championship. It shouldn't be much of a surprise then that the Heat are once again Vegas's favorites.
Bovada Sportsbook released it's lines for the season today, and the Miami Heat are by far the favorites.
Here's the top ten:
- Miami Heat 2/1
- Chicago Bulls 8/1
- Oklahoma City Thunder 8/1
- Los Angeles Clippers 9/1
- Brooklyn Nets 10/1
- Houston Rockets 10/1
- Indiana Pacers 10/1
- San Antonio Spurs 12/1
- Golden State Warriors 16/1
- New York Knicks 22/1
The site also gives the Heat 1/1 odds to win the East (followed by the Bulls at 4/1), and the LA Clippers and Oklahoma City Thunder 7/2 odds each to win in the West. It shouldn't come as a surprise that Heat are also far and away the favorites to win the Southeast Division with the line at -10000.
Of course, bookies base their odds more in line with how they'll think people will bet then what they think will actually happen.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Fourth Man Pleads Guilty in Sean Taylor Murder, Sentenced to 30 Years
- Miami's Traffic Has Gotten Worse in the Past Year, Still Seventh-Worst in U.S.
- Killian High Stabbing Suspect Sued Former School Over Football Player Rape Allegations
- After Toxic Cleanup, Runaway Equipment Spoils Merrie Christmas Park Reopening