North Miami Beach Senior High on Lockdown After Robbery Attempt
In today's news roundup: A local high school is on lock down, not one but two separate incidents of Carbon Monoxide poisoning sent 13 people to hospitals, a deadly crash on I95 kills two, while a boat crash near Haulover Marina send a woman to the hospital. The only good news in today's news wrap? Well, our prediction of the 'Canes topping the Gators in the AP poll came true.
North Miami Beach Senior High School is on lock down after an apparent robbery attempt at a nearby bank. The school, located at 1247 NE 167th Street, was put on lock down sometime after 11 a.m.
It appears that the Bank of America at NE 163rd Street at 12th Avenue was robbed, but police aren't releasing much information, including whether or not the suspect was armed. [CBS4]
- A North Miami Beach couple is being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after a potentially deadly gas leak was found in their home. [CBS4]
- Meanwhile, 11 cafeteria workers were sent to the hospital for Carbon Monoxide poisoning early this morning at Charles R. Hadley Elementary School. [NBCMiami]
- Police are searching for a man who opened fire during a robbery at a gas station near NW 87th Street and 28th Avenue last month. [WSVN]
- Two people were killed over the weekend in an early morning crash on I-95, and a third was airlifted to Jackson Memorial. [CBS4]
- As we predicted, the Miami Hurricanes have jumped the Florida Gators in the AP Poll, and became the highest ranked team in Florida for the first time since December 2005. [Herald]
- Two boats collided near Haulover Marina, sending one woman to the hospital. [WSVN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- ISIS-Sympathizing Uber Driver Who Wanted to Kill Miamians Is Sentenced to Ten Years in...
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
Thu., Aug. 6, 6:35pm
- Harlem Suarez Planned to Blow Up Key West Beach in ISIS-Inspired Attack
- Miami Is the Most Expensive City in America for Millennials to Rent