No One Bothered to Watch the Hurricanes Beat Bethune-Cookman
Remember the good ol' days when the Florida Marlins played at Sun Life and the blinding sight of tens of thousands of empty orange seats mocked the athletes toiling inside the echoing, empty stadium?
The Canes officially announced an attendance of 39,435 for the game, but photos of the stadium and first-hand accounts suggest chopping the last digit off that figure might provide a more accurate headcount.
- Former Miami Hurricane Dan Sileo Goes on Epic Rant About Team on WQAM
- Are We Excited About Miami Hurricanes Football Season? Can We Pretend to Get Excited?
- Miami Hurricanes Get Routed by Kansas State 52-13 in Worst Loss in Years
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Florida Might Remove Confederate Flag From State Senate Seal
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
- First Speaker of the House From Florida? Rep. Dan Webster Considered Dark-Horse Candidate
- Local Entrepreneurs Create New, College-Only Social Network