No One Bothered to Watch the Hurricanes Beat Bethune-Cookman
Remember the good ol' days when the Florida Marlins played at Sun Life and the blinding sight of tens of thousands of empty orange seats mocked the athletes toiling inside the echoing, empty stadium?
The Canes officially announced an attendance of 39,435 for the game, but photos of the stadium and first-hand accounts suggest chopping the last digit off that figure might provide a more accurate headcount.
- Former Miami Hurricane Dan Sileo Goes on Epic Rant About Team on WQAM
- Are We Excited About Miami Hurricanes Football Season? Can We Pretend to Get Excited?
- Miami Hurricanes Get Routed by Kansas State 52-13 in Worst Loss in Years
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Frost Family Bails Out Cash-Strapped Science Museum, Cans Entire Board of Directors
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 18, 7:30pm
- University of Miami Students Now Have $9,000 Napping Pods to Use on Campus
- Florida LGBT Rights Bill Dead; Still Legal to Fire Someone for Being Gay