Nike Leaks LeBron James' Phone Number in Awesome Victory Ad
LeBron James' phone number has leaked on the internet, and this morning he woke up to a bunch of random voicemails from people named Drake, Warren Buffet, Dr. Dre, and Coach K. Or at least that's the conceit of his latest Nike ad.
And yes, you can call 305-767-2226 and leave a message for the King himself.
A couple of other thoughts:
- LeBron also has a contract with smartphone maker Samsung. We wonder if the company is thrilled at the idea of James not only having a landline but also using an '80s answering machine to receive messages. (Then again, where's their congratulation ad?)
- This ad has to have been at least partially prepared before the Heat actually won last night. How embarrassing would it have been if word leaked out and the Heat hadn't won?
- Nice touch of going with a 305 number rather than an 800.
- What would the Spurs version of this ad have looked like? "Hi Tony. It's Eva..."
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Tue., April 28, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., April 30, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident