Nike Leaks LeBron James' Phone Number in Awesome Victory Ad
LeBron James' phone number has leaked on the internet, and this morning he woke up to a bunch of random voicemails from people named Drake, Warren Buffet, Dr. Dre, and Coach K. Or at least that's the conceit of his latest Nike ad.
And yes, you can call 305-767-2226 and leave a message for the King himself.
A couple of other thoughts:
- LeBron also has a contract with smartphone maker Samsung. We wonder if the company is thrilled at the idea of James not only having a landline but also using an '80s answering machine to receive messages. (Then again, where's their congratulation ad?)
- This ad has to have been at least partially prepared before the Heat actually won last night. How embarrassing would it have been if word leaked out and the Heat hadn't won?
- Nice touch of going with a 305 number rather than an 800.
- What would the Spurs version of this ad have looked like? "Hi Tony. It's Eva..."
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami FC Announces Italian Soccer Star Alessandro Nesta as Head Coach
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Residents Vow to Continue Fighting Midtown Walmart After Losing Court Appeal
- Hola, Hurricane Fred: Erika Fizzled, but There's Already Another Atlantic Storm