News Roundup: West Miami Mayor Suspended for Gabbing; Cuban Ump Defects
- West Miami Mayor Ceasar Carasa has been suspended for racking up a $70,000 cell phone bill on the City's dime. Carasa is not believed to be an actual teenage girl. [NBCMiami]
- The Miami Art Museum has named John Wetenhall as its interim director. Previously he's worked in museums in such cultural hotbeds as Sarasota, Fl and Nashville, Tn. [ArtDaily]
- North Miami Beach's paraplegic mayor Myron Rosner got harassed at Disney World because staff mistook his wheelchair for a Segway, because they are just dumb, dumb people allegedly. [Herald]
- Nelson Diaz, a Cuban umpire, is just the latest baseball figure to defect. Though, he may be the first Ump to do so. [ESPN]
- Tony Sparano declares that "the fans deserve better" after Sunday's disastrous loss to the Bills. [Herald]
- Four Miami Hurricanes were named to the all-ACC team including kicker Matt Bosher, offensive tackle Jason Fox, lineman Allen Baily, and cornerback Brandon Harris. [PBPost]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"
- Dolphins Are Probably Trying To Trade Draft Bust Dion Jordan