News Roundup: Waiting For News from Haiti
- The Haitian community in Miami waits patiently for word on their family on the Island. [NYTimes]
- Despite reports yesterday that all 12 Lynn University students in Haiti were accounted for, five are actually still missing. [CBS4]
- UF is also waiting to hear from two students who were in Haiti. [WSVN]
- The cold temperatures have left thousands of fish dead. [JustNews]
- The Miami Heat broke their recent losing streak with a nice win over the Golden State Warriors, 115-102. [UPI]
- The Miami Hurricanes broke their recent winning streak with a nasty loss to Virginia Tech, 81-66. [Herald]
- Miami Hurricanes women's basketball is actually off to a really good season as well and is looking to make their first NCAA tournament ever. [ESPN]
- The Dolphins interviewed Al Groh for their open DC position, and will interview the Steeler's Keith Butler. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next