News Roundup: VP Biden in Miami
- The mother of two brothers living in South Florida was pulled alive from rubble in Haiti. [NBCMiami]
- Joe Biden was in Little Haiti over the weekend. [Herald]
- And he's back in Miami to speak at a prayer breakfast at Florida Memorial Univerisity for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. [CBS4]
- Pundits have pretty much written off Kendrick Meek in the race for Senate, though what's not mentioned is that polling data shows Meek could be competitive with Marco Rubio if he wins the Republican primary. [SPTimes]
- Meek right now is less concerned with that, though, and more concerned with Haiti and arrived in the country this weekend. [WSVN]
- A cyclist was struck and killed on the RIckenbacker Causeway this weekend, and the nearest available fire station was all the way in South Miami. [JustNews]
- The Cleveland Orchestra, which was scheduled to play at the Arsht Center later this month, has gone on strike. [ABC]
- Miami-set Dexter took home two acting awards at the Golden Globes. [Telegraph]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Eight Months After Mass Shooting at the Spot Nightclub, Liberty City Grapples With Fallout
Fri., May 29, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 7 p.m.
Sat., May 30, 1 p.m.
- Miami Seaquarium Stops Trainers From Performing With Lolita After Federal Safety Ruling
- Watch Dwyane Wade Roll With Critical Mass