News Roundup: VP Biden in Miami
- The mother of two brothers living in South Florida was pulled alive from rubble in Haiti. [NBCMiami]
- Joe Biden was in Little Haiti over the weekend. [Herald]
- And he's back in Miami to speak at a prayer breakfast at Florida Memorial Univerisity for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. [CBS4]
- Pundits have pretty much written off Kendrick Meek in the race for Senate, though what's not mentioned is that polling data shows Meek could be competitive with Marco Rubio if he wins the Republican primary. [SPTimes]
- Meek right now is less concerned with that, though, and more concerned with Haiti and arrived in the country this weekend. [WSVN]
- A cyclist was struck and killed on the RIckenbacker Causeway this weekend, and the nearest available fire station was all the way in South Miami. [JustNews]
- The Cleveland Orchestra, which was scheduled to play at the Arsht Center later this month, has gone on strike. [ABC]
- Miami-set Dexter took home two acting awards at the Golden Globes. [Telegraph]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Marco Rubio on Cecil the Lion: "But What About Abortion?"
- Dolphins Bring Back Old Logo and Throwback Uniforms for One Game
- Hillary Clinton to Speak at FIU on Friday (She's Just Not Sure If You're Invited or Not)