News Roundup: Two Shot in Opa-locka
- A shooting injured two people in Opa-locka yesterday. Police have a person of interest in custody. [CBS4]
- A 17-year-old boy was shot and killed after a disagreement over a dice game in Miami Gardens Saturday. [CBS4]
- Even the crappy economy can't stop South Beach's hotel industry from expanding. [Herald]
- The man who killed his 10-year-old son and then himself last week had a violent past. [CBS4]
- Get a spot on your bookshelf ready: Rapper Jacki-O, the madam of Miami, is gearing up to release her second book. This one is a memoir titled Relentless. [BallerStatus]
- Michael Beasley's attempt to return from injury was a bit premature -- he's back on the injured list. [Herald]
- But the Heat continued its recent winning streak and beat the 76ers 104-91. [Herald]
- The Heat might also be looking into calling up Kenny Hasbrouk. [AP]
- Hurricanes baseball took its weekend series against Boston College, 2-1. [SunSent]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Trump Sues Univision for a Half-Billion Dollars, Proves He's Totally Unfit for the...
- U.S.-Cuban Embassies May Be Reopening, but Appointing an Ambassador Might Become a Fight
- Heat Signs Dragic to Five-Year, $90-Million Deal; Still Pursuing Wade