News Roundup: Two Shot in Opa-locka
- A shooting injured two people in Opa-locka yesterday. Police have a person of interest in custody. [CBS4]
- A 17-year-old boy was shot and killed after a disagreement over a dice game in Miami Gardens Saturday. [CBS4]
- Even the crappy economy can't stop South Beach's hotel industry from expanding. [Herald]
- The man who killed his 10-year-old son and then himself last week had a violent past. [CBS4]
- Get a spot on your bookshelf ready: Rapper Jacki-O, the madam of Miami, is gearing up to release her second book. This one is a memoir titled Relentless. [BallerStatus]
- Michael Beasley's attempt to return from injury was a bit premature -- he's back on the injured list. [Herald]
- But the Heat continued its recent winning streak and beat the 76ers 104-91. [Herald]
- The Heat might also be looking into calling up Kenny Hasbrouk. [AP]
- Hurricanes baseball took its weekend series against Boston College, 2-1. [SunSent]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Poll: Floridians Chill With Gay Marriage, Almost Ready for Medical Marijuana
- Miami-Dade Gained 21,000 New Residents Last Year, but Broward and Palm Beach Are...
- Artist Posts Flyers Around Wynwood For "Lost Art," but Gallery Says He's Full Of It
- Miami Skyline Featured on Jacksonville Jaguars' Draft Hat