News Roundup: SunRail Passes Senate
- Miami students got some of the best math scores in the nation for urban schools. [CBS4]
- The Florida Senate passed SunRail legislation yesterday. Now the bill goes to the governor, who is expected to sign it. [Reuters]
- A mother of seven was killed in a hit-and-run early this morning. [Herald]
- Marlins stand-out Ross Gload won't be back next year; he'll go to Philly. [NBCMiami]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami Developer to Give Gov. Rick Scott Environmentalist Award
Sat., Aug. 1, 5:35pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
- Luther Campbell: "This Book Is Just a Reflection of Me"
- Luther Campbell on the Rise of 2 Live Crew