News Roundup: Runoff Winners; Heat Losers
- Michael "Drunk Driving Godzilla" Gongora and Jorge Exposito have won the run-off elections for the Miami Beach Commission. [Herald]
- And Francis Suarez, son of former mayor Xavier Suarez, has won the run-off in Miami. In 5 days, when he's sworn in, the city will have 3 out of 5 commission seats filled. [Herald]
- A man was accidently deported to El Salvador, despite being married to a US Citizen for the past 11 years. [NBCMiami]
- The Herald makes Pennington's odds at coming back look a lot more optimistic than the AP, however if he does come back, he's not sure if it'll be for the Dolphins. [Herald]
- We always forget that the Oklahoma City Thunder are an actual basketball team, but they are, and they beat your Miami Heat last night 100-87. [USAToday]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.