News Roundup: Rubio's Aide Has Pricey Habits, Meek Loves Pork
- Kendrick Meek wants $238 million for earmarks that would go toward things such as teaching children healthful eating habits and dredging the Miami harbor. [Herald]
- An ex-Marco Rubio aide who made $175,000 a year put hefty expenses on a GOP credit card, including luxury hotels and handmade chairs. [Herald]
- A former X Games gold medalist threw a metal cart at two men at Miami International Airport yesterday for no apparent reason. Then, after a scuffle with police, he was zapped with a stun gun. [NBCMiami]
- A tractor trailer carrying cars collided with a train in Miami. No one was injured, but the damage was messy. [CBS4]
- Ted Shaw was named Jackson Memorial's temporary CFO. [WSVN]
- Meanwhile, doctors and residents banded together for a "Save Jackson South" rally. [CBS4]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Trio Who Stole 150 Pigeons From Kendale Lakes Farm Sought By Police
Tue., May 26, 6:35 p.m.
Wed., May 27, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., May 28, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 1 p.m.
- All Aboard Florida Trips Between Miami and Orlando Will Cost About $143
- Teen Girl Asks Cop If She Can Keep a Little Bit of the Pot He Found on Her