News Roundup: Rubio's Aide Has Pricey Habits, Meek Loves Pork
- Kendrick Meek wants $238 million for earmarks that would go toward things such as teaching children healthful eating habits and dredging the Miami harbor. [Herald]
- An ex-Marco Rubio aide who made $175,000 a year put hefty expenses on a GOP credit card, including luxury hotels and handmade chairs. [Herald]
- A former X Games gold medalist threw a metal cart at two men at Miami International Airport yesterday for no apparent reason. Then, after a scuffle with police, he was zapped with a stun gun. [NBCMiami]
- A tractor trailer carrying cars collided with a train in Miami. No one was injured, but the damage was messy. [CBS4]
- Ted Shaw was named Jackson Memorial's temporary CFO. [WSVN]
- Meanwhile, doctors and residents banded together for a "Save Jackson South" rally. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Trump Sues Univision for a Half-Billion Dollars, Proves He's Totally Unfit for the...
- U.S.-Cuban Embassies May Be Reopening, but Appointing an Ambassador Might Become a Fight
- Heat Signs Dragic to Five-Year, $90-Million Deal; Still Pursuing Wade