News Roundup: Police Searching for Bank Robber Who Looks Like Your Grandpa
- The University of Miami has received $500,000 from the Clinton/Bush Haiti Fund to keep operating a 240-bed hospital on the island. [CBS4]
- Up to 2,000 workers at Jackson Health System could lose their jobs. [NBCMiami]
- Wackenhut might pay $7.5 million to the county to settle a lawsuit that claims the security company overbilled taxpayers for bogus Metrorail security. [Herald]
- A mobile home fire displaced a family of six in North Miami-Dade. [CBS4]
- Coral Gables Police are on the lookout for a grandpa-looking dude who is responsible for about eight bank robberies in the tri-county area. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami Is the Most Expensive City in America for Millenials to Rent
Sat., Aug. 1, 5:35pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
- Miami Drag Queen Elaine Lancaster Pulled a Man From a Burning Car in Greece
- Judge Mindy Glazer Recognizes Another Defendant in Court, This Time a Cruise Ship...