News Roundup: Police Searching for Bank Robber Who Looks Like Your Grandpa
- The University of Miami has received $500,000 from the Clinton/Bush Haiti Fund to keep operating a 240-bed hospital on the island. [CBS4]
- Up to 2,000 workers at Jackson Health System could lose their jobs. [NBCMiami]
- Wackenhut might pay $7.5 million to the county to settle a lawsuit that claims the security company overbilled taxpayers for bogus Metrorail security. [Herald]
- A mobile home fire displaced a family of six in North Miami-Dade. [CBS4]
- Coral Gables Police are on the lookout for a grandpa-looking dude who is responsible for about eight bank robberies in the tri-county area. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.