News Roundup: Police Environmental Fund Used to Buy SUVs
- Miami-Dade public schools are on the verge of another budget crisis, one that could ultimately affect arts education. [CBS4]
- A fatal accident shut down much of northbound I-95 this morning. [WSVN]
- A Miami-Dade Police fund set up to fight environmental crimes has been used to buy SUVs, satellite TV subscriptions, and boats. [Herald]
- The body of a missing Lynn University student was found in Haiti. Three students and two professors are still missing. [NBCMiami]
- Miami International Airport and the Port of Miami suffered less in 2009 than most other airports and ports in the nation. [SFBJ]
- Nothing says Valentine's Day like puppies! Animal Services is hosting a V-Day adoption event so you can either surprise your loved one with a new pet or attempt to fill that hole in your heart with an animal companion. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- ESPN's Israel Gutierrez Comes Out As Gay, Announces Marriage
Sun., Sep. 6, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 11, 3:00pm
Fri., Sep. 11, 8:00pm
Fri., Sep. 18, 7:00pm
- Design District Mastermind Marries Aventura Mall Chief
- Jonah Wolfson Kills Controversial PAC Weeks After Attacking Journalists In...