News Roundup: Police Environmental Fund Used to Buy SUVs
- Miami-Dade public schools are on the verge of another budget crisis, one that could ultimately affect arts education. [CBS4]
- A fatal accident shut down much of northbound I-95 this morning. [WSVN]
- A Miami-Dade Police fund set up to fight environmental crimes has been used to buy SUVs, satellite TV subscriptions, and boats. [Herald]
- The body of a missing Lynn University student was found in Haiti. Three students and two professors are still missing. [NBCMiami]
- Miami International Airport and the Port of Miami suffered less in 2009 than most other airports and ports in the nation. [SFBJ]
- Nothing says Valentine's Day like puppies! Animal Services is hosting a V-Day adoption event so you can either surprise your loved one with a new pet or attempt to fill that hole in your heart with an animal companion. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Miami Beach Police Stop Horrific Rape Attempt on Septuagenarian Woman
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country