News Roundup: Police Environmental Fund Used to Buy SUVs
- Miami-Dade public schools are on the verge of another budget crisis, one that could ultimately affect arts education. [CBS4]
- A fatal accident shut down much of northbound I-95 this morning. [WSVN]
- A Miami-Dade Police fund set up to fight environmental crimes has been used to buy SUVs, satellite TV subscriptions, and boats. [Herald]
- The body of a missing Lynn University student was found in Haiti. Three students and two professors are still missing. [NBCMiami]
- Miami International Airport and the Port of Miami suffered less in 2009 than most other airports and ports in the nation. [SFBJ]
- Nothing says Valentine's Day like puppies! Animal Services is hosting a V-Day adoption event so you can either surprise your loved one with a new pet or attempt to fill that hole in your heart with an animal companion. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Jeb Bush on Oregon Shooting: "Stuff Happens"
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 11:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 6:00pm
- Moshe Mana Plans Development for Wynwood With 24-Story Towers and Convention Center
- Interactive Map Reminds Us Florida Has Always Been a Land of Caribbean Immigrants