News Roundup: One Dead After Downtown Drive-By
- Nearly a quarter of new condos in Sunny Isles Beach are empty. [CBS4]
- One person is dead and another injured after an early-morning drive-by shooting in downtown Miami that began on the MacArthur Causeway. [CBS4]
- The bodies of the last missing Lynn University students and professors have been found and identified in Haiti. [NBCMiami]
- Citizens have begun an effort to recall North Miami Beach Mayor Myron Rosner, claiming he skirted zoning procedures to get the OK to build a patio and pool at his home. [NBCMiami]
- Joey Porter's release from the Dolphins isn't official yet. They have to wait three more weeks, because of cap issues, but regardless, Porter is done with the Dolphins. [Herald]
- Hurricanes basketball fell to Clemson 74-66 [AP]
- "I think the main thing is I've shown and said that Miami is where I want to be. I wouldn't be jumping in the air to leave Miami anyway. It's a great place to be and they've adopted me there... I've said it so many times: That's the place I want to build. We just have to get people to come, and if we get people to come, why would I leave?" -- Dwyane Wade. [ESPN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Marco Rubio on Cecil the Lion: "But What About Abortion?"
- Dolphins Bring Back Old Logo and Throwback Uniforms for One Game
- Hillary Clinton to Speak at FIU on Friday (She's Just Not Sure If You're Invited or Not)