News Roundup: Hotel Bookings on the Rise; Heat Beat Blazers
- Miami hotels are seeing an increase in booking this winter, but discounted rates might not help them turn a profit. [Herald]
- Lincoln Diaz-Balart received an award from the Ukraine. [Herald]
- Here's an explanation for why all of those fancy designer stores (Gucci, Louboutin, etc.) have popped up in the Design District. [Herald]
- There's a dog show going on at the Fair Expo Center. [CBS4]
- Charlie Crist is wooing the Chicago Cubs in an attempt to get them to move their spring training to Florida. [NBCMiami]
- The Miami Heat are on the West Coast, far, far away from home, but beat the Portland Trailblazers 107-100. [UPI]
- Tony Sparano says the Dolphins haven't completely lost all playoff hope. Winning the division might be a long shot, but a wildcard berth is still possible. [PBPost]
- A former spokesman for the Miami Hurricanes received three years in prison for having child porn. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Trio Who Stole 150 Pigeons From Kendale Lakes Farm Sought By Police
Tue., May 26, 6:35 p.m.
Wed., May 27, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., May 28, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 1 p.m.
- All Aboard Florida Trips Between Miami and Orlando Will Cost About $143
- Teen Girl Asks Cop If She Can Keep a Little Bit of the Pot He Found on Her