News Roundup: Hey, at Least We Have a Team Still in the WNIT
- Sherdavia Jenkins, a 9-year-old Liberty City girl who was killed by a stray bullet in 2006, has had a park named after her. [CBS4]
- A public health trust will vote today on a restructuring plan for Jackson Memorial Health System. [CBS4]
- Even in this crappy climate for media companies, Telemundo and Univisión seem to be thriving. [Herald]
- An apartment in Turnberry Towers, a luxury high-rise in Aventura, caught fire. No one was injured. [CBS4]
- Spring breakers brought their cash and patronage to South Beach. [CBS4]
- However, very few got drunk enough to get that new tattoo or piercing they'll regret when they get home. [CBS4]
- Kim Kardashian cruised around the city in a nude-colored bikini and a private yacht this weekend. [DailyMail]
- We're trying to independently verify this, but it doesn't seem that a single grandmother in the South Florida metro area has been death-paneled yet.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.