News Roundup: Hey, at Least We Have a Team Still in the WNIT
- Sherdavia Jenkins, a 9-year-old Liberty City girl who was killed by a stray bullet in 2006, has had a park named after her. [CBS4]
- A public health trust will vote today on a restructuring plan for Jackson Memorial Health System. [CBS4]
- Even in this crappy climate for media companies, Telemundo and Univisión seem to be thriving. [Herald]
- An apartment in Turnberry Towers, a luxury high-rise in Aventura, caught fire. No one was injured. [CBS4]
- Spring breakers brought their cash and patronage to South Beach. [CBS4]
- However, very few got drunk enough to get that new tattoo or piercing they'll regret when they get home. [CBS4]
- Kim Kardashian cruised around the city in a nude-colored bikini and a private yacht this weekend. [DailyMail]
- We're trying to independently verify this, but it doesn't seem that a single grandmother in the South Florida metro area has been death-paneled yet.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Those Fidel Castro Death Rumors Sweeping Twitter Are Almost Certainly Bogus
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
Mon., May 4, 6:35 p.m.
- As MLS Reiterates Commitment, Marlins Park Remains Most Likely Stadium Site
- Pat Riley Needs to Reevaluate Whether Erik Spoelstra Is Right for the Heat