News Roundup: Heat Rebound From Last-Minute Loss to Lakers
- Police have identified the woman who, while driving her car in Miami Gardens, was shot by a high-caliber rifle, but aren't much closer to finding out how or why it happened. [CBS4]
- Saturday afternoon, a 3-year-old girl in homestead found a family member's gun and accidently fatally shot herself. [CBS4]
- A woman in Southwest Miami-Dade was killed in a hit-and-run. [NBCMiami]
- Two of Sylvester Stallone's ugly paintings actually sold for, like, a pretty decent amount of money. Does this mean the recession is over? [NBCMiami]]
- Well, apparently sales were up throughout Art Basel. [Herald]
- Miami Hurricanes basketball was handed its first loss at the hands of conference rival Boston College. The Canes lost by a heartbreaking 61-60. [AP]
- Kobe Bryant sunk a three-pointer at the buzzer for a last-minute Lakers win over the Heat. [NYTimes]
- But the Heat rebounded this weekend, beating Sacramento 115-102. [NBCMiami]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Marco Rubio on Cecil the Lion: "But What About Abortion?"
- Dolphins Bring Back Old Logo and Throwback Uniforms for One Game
- Hillary Clinton to Speak at FIU on Friday (She's Just Not Sure If You're Invited or Not)