News Roundup: Heat Fall Below .500
- A Man was shot at MIA lounge last night multiple times, while the shooter sped off in a black Mercedes. [JustNews]
- The ACLU claims two Miami Beach cops harassed and falsely arrested a gay tourist after he saw the men beating another suspect in handcuffs. [Herald]
- A man in Stuart died after being attacked by a shark. [JustNews]
- The city manager of Homestead was fired. [Herald]
- Even though it seemed the Dolphins were content with Chad Henne, Chad Pennington's top priority is to suit up in teal next year. [Herald]
- The Miami heat fall below .500 with a 107-102 loss to the Boston Celtics. [Herald]
- There's still a small chance Seantrel Henderson, one of the nations top recruits, may not actually sign with USC. He's awaiting word on any NCAA sanctions. Apparently Ohio State was his second choice, but he told someone back in his home in Minnesota that he'd sign with Miami -- a school that lured him with trips to night clubs and meetings with its Pro Bowl alums. [NYTimes]
- Jets coach Rex Ryan will not face any additional fines from the NFL for flipping off Dolphin fans. [Bloomberg]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Is It OK for a UM Professor to Burden a Student With Sexual Advances?
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
Mon., May 4, 6:35 p.m.
- Michael Pizzi Back in as Mayor of Miami Lakes After Wayne Slaton Steps Down
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida