News Roundup: Heat Edge Nets, but Dwyane Wade Injured
- 7th Graders from St. Thomas Catholic Middle School joined President Obama at the White House as he made a call to astronauts on the International Space Station yesterday. [NBCMiami]
- The State has decided to challenge a local judge's decision to allow a lesbian couple to adopt a child. [Herald]
- Just what South Beach needs right now! Another new luxury hotel! Hotel Indigo will be opening on March 18th off Washington Ave. [HotelChatter]
- 8 of the 10 Americans who were charged with kidnapping after trying to take 33 children out of Haiti have arrived in Miami after being freed by a Haitian judge. [CNN]
- Miami Heat barely beat the New Jersey Jets 87-84. Regardless of whether or not Jay-Z is paying 'Dwyane Wade" in some metaphorical drug sense, he is paying the members of the Nets in some "he's a part owner" sense, and jeez they tend to suck. [Herald]
- Speaking of D. Wade, he injured his calf and was held to just 8 points for the game. [CBS4]
- The Miami Hurricanes meanwhile lost to the #6 Duke Blue Devils 81-74, despite leading them by double digits at half time. [AP]
- QB Jacory Harris won't take part in Hurricanes football spring practice due to surgery on his thumbs. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Ultra, Critical Mass, and Miami Open: Today's Going To Be a Traffic Nightmare
- Poll: Floridians Chill With Gay Marriage, Almost Ready for Medical Marijuana
- Miami-Dade Gained 21,000 New Residents Last Year, but Broward and Palm Beach Are...
- Artist Posts Flyers Around Wynwood For "Lost Art," but Gallery Says He's Full Of It