News Roundup: Heat Edge Nets, but Dwyane Wade Injured
- 7th Graders from St. Thomas Catholic Middle School joined President Obama at the White House as he made a call to astronauts on the International Space Station yesterday. [NBCMiami]
- The State has decided to challenge a local judge's decision to allow a lesbian couple to adopt a child. [Herald]
- Just what South Beach needs right now! Another new luxury hotel! Hotel Indigo will be opening on March 18th off Washington Ave. [HotelChatter]
- 8 of the 10 Americans who were charged with kidnapping after trying to take 33 children out of Haiti have arrived in Miami after being freed by a Haitian judge. [CNN]
- Miami Heat barely beat the New Jersey Jets 87-84. Regardless of whether or not Jay-Z is paying 'Dwyane Wade" in some metaphorical drug sense, he is paying the members of the Nets in some "he's a part owner" sense, and jeez they tend to suck. [Herald]
- Speaking of D. Wade, he injured his calf and was held to just 8 points for the game. [CBS4]
- The Miami Hurricanes meanwhile lost to the #6 Duke Blue Devils 81-74, despite leading them by double digits at half time. [AP]
- QB Jacory Harris won't take part in Hurricanes football spring practice due to surgery on his thumbs. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
- Michael Pizzi Back in as Mayor of Miami Lakes After Wayne Slaton Steps Down
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
Mon., May 4, 6:35 p.m.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"