News Roundup: Great Whites Off the Coast of Florida
- Electronic tracking tags say there are three great white sharks off the coast of Florida right now. Don't worry -- so far they've made it only as far south as Jacksonville. [JustNews]
- Mayor Alvarez will not receive any additional power over Jackson Health. [Herald]
- The week will get colder, with temps dipping into the 30s at night. [CBS4]
- Agents discovered about $1.5 million worth of cocaine at Fort Lauderdale Airport. [JustNews]
- Maurice Ferre says he left Miami with $43 million in the bank but then admits he can't remember because that was 30 years ago. [CreativeLoafing]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Former Hurricane Brett Romberg Calls Jonathan Martin "a Piece of Garbage"
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- There Are a Lot More Educated Young Women in Miami Than Men (Which Is Why You're Single)
- The Sane (but Sort of Lazy) Person's Guide to Early Hurricane Preparation