News Roundup: Grandmother Killed Over $5
- A grandmother in Lauderdale Lakes was killed after she refused to give her teenage attacker $5 to buy marijuana. [Herald]
- A former Miami cop who devised a scheme to steal $15,000 from Crime Stoppers will get only two months in jail. [Herald]
- A University of Miami doctor who led much of the early medical response in Haiti has returned. [WSVN]
- Twenty-two executives with firearm companies were arrested in an undercover sting after they were caught trying to bribe what they thought were officials from an African country. One was arrested in Miami. [ABCNews]
- The Cleveland Orchestra, which was previously on strike, has reached a deal and will likely go forward with planned concerts at the Arsht Center. [Herald]
- The Miami Hurricanes continue to implode in ACC play; they squandered a 17-point lead over Boston College and lost 79-75. [LATimes]
- The Miami Heat destroyed the Indiana Pacers 113-83 [UPI]
- The Miami Dolphins hired former NY Giants defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan as their new linebacker coach. [AP]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Tue., April 28, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., April 30, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident