News Roundup: Goodell Thinks LandShark Stadium Is a Has-Been
- Univision is opening its own production studio in Miami. [LATimes]
- According to a recent poll, Miami is the second most desirable travel destination after Las Vegas. [CBS4]
- Ad sales at McClatchy, the Miami Herald's parent company, are down 20 percent this quarter, but that's apparently good because it's less than in past quarters. [ABCNews]
- In a special session, the Florida House passed SunRail legislation. Now it's off to the Senate. [CBS4]
- NFL commish Roger Goodell says LandShark Stadium might be good enough to host the Pro Bowl but is getting too old to host the Super Bowl. First, Roger Goodell, there is no way this town is building another stadium anytime soon, but maybe when the Marlins move out, LandShark will get an update. Second, why are you so stadium-ageist? [NBCMiami]
- University of Iowa is traveling to the Orange Bowl with an entourage of about 600. That's not fans -- that's the band, spirit squad, cheerleaders, support crews, etc. [WQAD]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Man Who Bought Record-Setting Condo in Miami Also Set Real-Estate Records in Chicago,...
- Poll: Trump Top Among Florida GOP, but Would Lose to Bernie Sanders in General Election
- Miami Police Union President Fears "Black Panthers Threatening Police" With Open-Carry Law