News Roundup: Gonzalez Makes a Deal, Timoney Feels Good
- Commissioner Angel Gonzalez will resign Friday as part of an agreement with prosecutors, after setting his daughter up with a no-show job. He'll now face only misdemeanor charges. [CBS4]
- In his first public comments since resigning, John Timoney says he's pleased and proud with the job he's done as police chief. [NBCMiami]
- An elderly couple in west Kendall died while trying to cross a busy street. [CBS4]
- The world's largest cruise ship has finally arrived in Fort Lauderdale. [CBS4]
- Privé Las Vegas, owned by the Opium Group, has filed for bankruptcy. [CasinoCityTimes]
- At home, the Heat lost a close game to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 111-104. [BleacherReport]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys
- Critical Mass Rides Tonight in Memory of Fallen Cyclist and Ahead of Tropical Storm Erika