News Roundup: Forgetful Grandmother Charged in Baby's Death
- The grandmother who accidently left a 3-month-old baby in a car to die is being charged with aggravated manslaughter. Temperatures in the car reached 134 degrees. [PBPost]
- She's out on a $10,000 bond. [CBS4]
- Five Miami-Dade high schools make a national list of the 100 best high schools. [Herald]
- A cruise ship crew member went overboard off the coast of Miami, but the Coast Guard has recovered the victim. [ABCActionNews]
- Speaking of the Coast Guard, crews found a boat near the Bahamas with 630 pounds of pot. [NBCMiami]
- The Miami Hurricanes will share an award with old rival Notre Dame for success in the classroom. The 2002 freshman football class had a 100 percent graduation rate. It certainly is a new era in UM football. [FLToday]
- Oh, and hey, for you betting men and women out there, the Canes are three-point favorites in the Champs Sports Bowl. [PointSpreads]
- The Dallas Mavericks tonight return to Miami, which is where they lost their last shot at an NBC championship to the Heat. [DallasMorningNews]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"
- Dolphins Are Probably Trying To Trade Draft Bust Dion Jordan