News Roundup: Father of Slain 10-Year-Old Commits Suicide
- A 10-year-old boy was found murdered in his Aventura Lakes home. Hours later, his 72-year-old father was found dead, most likely from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, in his Jeep Cherokee. [NBCMiami]
- A South Florida man traveled to Washington, D.C., to speak out about Florida's gay adoption ban. [WSVN]
- A Miami-Dade prisoner who escaped during transport after head-butting a guard has been found. [JustNews]
- Jackson Health Systems wants an $80 million loan and says care to patients has not suffered. [JustNews]
- A 1-year-old girl almost drowned in Doral but was taken to the hospital. [WSVN]
- The Herald says downtown Miami is no longer a ghost town because yuppies are moving in to all of those empty condos. [Herald]
- Woah, woah, woah. The Hurricanes basketball team destroyed Wake Forest 83-62 in the first round of the ACC tournament. Next up, the Canes will take on the fourth-seeded Virginia Tech. [WaPo]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"
- Dolphins Are Probably Trying To Trade Draft Bust Dion Jordan