News Roundup: Dumb Cops Finish First; SEC Probes Miami
- This makes a lot of sense looking back at it: Miami Dade College was responsible for administering tests to Miami-Dade Police officers to be considered for promotions, but the college screwed up the process. So cops who didn't get good scores were sometimes promoted, while officers who did well sometimes were not. In one case, officers who scored best were at the bottom of the list, while officers who didn't even finish were near the top and would have been eligible for promotion. [JustNews]
- The SEC is looking into the way the City of Miami has offered bonds in the past three years. [CBS4]
- The Miami Herald published a guide on how not to get caught while carrying on an extramarital affair, which went over like a lead balloon. [RandomPixels]
- Ilya, the New Jersey-loving manatee, is about to be released into the wild. [NBCMiami]
- As if the situation at the Epic Hotel wasn't bad enough, while crews were testing the water, they broke a water main, causing nearby streets to flood. [JustNews]
- The Coast Guard is looking for two missing boaters, last seen at Haulover Beach marina Sunday. [CBS4]
- After the Heat's worst lost of the season, Dwyane Wade gave his teammates the silent treatment but through reporters told them they should look in the mirror. [Herald]
- Have A-Rod and Kate Hudson split? Well, apparently his royal steroid-ness was in town this weekend flirting with anything with two legs and two breasts. [NYPost]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Dolphins Are Probably Trying To Trade Draft Bust Dion Jordan
- Miami Beach Police Stop Horrific Rape Attempt on Septuagenarian Woman