News Roundup: Dolphins Resign Pennington, Sign Dansby
- The makeshift town that a band of sex offenders called home for years under the Tuttle has finally been demolished. [Herald]
- A mother and daughter plunged seven feet after the floor in the Marco Polo hotel and condos in Sunny Isles beach collapsed. [CBS4]
- The big gay Winter Party was this weekend. [Herald]
- Sorry kids, the wonderful bane of public school existence known as the FCAT begins today. [CBS4]
- Karlos Dansby has officially signed with the Dolphins next season. [Herald]
- Safety Ryan Clark reportedly has a meeting with the Dolphins. [ESPN]
- Meanwhile, nose tackle Jason Ferguson, a free agent who played with the Fins last year, has been suspended for the first 8 games of next season for testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. [NYTimes]
- But, oh hey, Chad Pennington has decided to stick around in Miami next year even though the starting QB position may be the other Chad. [ESPN]
- In college baseball, the Florida Gators took two out of three games over their weekend series against the Miami Hurricanes. [Alligator]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Dolphins Are Probably Trying To Trade Draft Bust Dion Jordan
- Miami Beach Police Stop Horrific Rape Attempt on Septuagenarian Woman