News Roundup: Deadly Crash Kills Driver and Dozens of Animals
- Jesse Jackson was in town for the Super Bowl and decided to engage in his number one hobby: protesting. He marched against high rates of foreclosure and unemployment. [NBCMiami]
- A truck pulling a livestock trailer jackknifed in Weston. The driver and about 100 of the animals were killed, but many of the cows, pigs, chickens, and goats that survived were found scattered throughout the crash scene. [NBCMiami]
- A Cutler Bay man was sentenced to two years in federal prison for smuggling cigarettes to Europe. Ah, mon dieu! [Herald]
- A Miami Beach Police officer shot an armed suspect early Monday morning. The suspect is recovering, and the cop is waiting for clearance to return to work. [CBS4]
- Florida Fish and Wildlife accepted more than 70 exotic pets this weekend during a no-questions-asked amnesty event at Miami Metrozoo. [JustNews]
- Dwyane Wade says he has no beef with Heat coach Eric Spoelstra. [Herald]
- FIU's running back coach is headed to UM to fill the same role. He's a UM graduate and previously coached under offensive coordinator Mark Whipple at Massachusetts. He was also recruiting coordinator for the Golden Panthers. [Herald]
- One of UM's latest football recruits played only five games at Miami Beach High, but that was enough to impress the Hurricanes. [NBCMiami]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Miami Beach Police Stop Horrific Rape Attempt on Septuagenarian Woman
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country