News Roundup: City Commission Gets It Dunn
- After an epically long meeting, city commissioners chose Rev. Richard Dunn to replace Michelle Spence-Jones after he pledged not to run for the seat in November. [Herald]
- Crime rates in unincorporated Dade County are down. [Herald]
- Sad Ponzi clown Scott Rothstein will plead guilty today. [NBCMiami]
- Lawyers for Buju Banton claim police entrapped the singer in a drug deal. [CBS4]
- A South Florida baby was born without eyes. I apologize that this is the first thing I thought of. [JustNews]
- Another ACC game, another UM loss. This time, Canes basketball got destroyed 81-59. [Herald]
- Joey Porter will always be a loudmouth, but will he always be a Dolphin? Perhaps not. We'll find out March 1. [NBCMiami]
- The Dolphins want to raise tourist taxes to pay for a new stadium roof, but Mayor Carlos Alvarez is not a fan. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Poll: Floridians Chill With Gay Marriage, Almost Ready for Medical Marijuana
- Miami-Dade Gained 21,000 New Residents Last Year, but Broward and Palm Beach Are...
- Artist Posts Flyers Around Wynwood For "Lost Art," but Gallery Says He's Full Of It
- Miami Skyline Featured on Jacksonville Jaguars' Draft Hat