News Roundup: Cell Phone Flirting Mayor Will Run Again
- Ousted West Miami Mayor Cesar Carasa says he'll run again -- you know, when he's not busy macking on Dominican girls and trying to sell them shoes. [Herald]
- Oh, look, local women have dreams of one day competing in Olympic pole dancing. [NBCMiami]
- Two women pleaded guilty for trying to rob an armored truck at Dadeland Mall last year. They could spend 20 years behind bars. [WSVN]
- Prez Obama has nominated Miami lawyer Wifredo Ferrer as the new U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida. [Herald]
- Because plans for future museums in Miami are so good, a national museum for Hispanic heritage is being discussed. [Herald]
- Erik Spoelstra is still superpissed his Heat lost to the Timberwolves: "There was a real lack of professionalism going into that game." [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- The First Speaker of the House From Florida? Rep. Dan Webster Considered Dark Horse...
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
- Local Entrepreneurs Create New, College-Only Social Network
- ACLU at 50 Names Its Dozen Most Significant Cases for New Times