News Roundup: Biltmore Worker Calls in Bomb Threat for Day Off
- Police are asking for help finding the suspect in a rape case in Brickell. He followed his victim home from Blue Martini in Mary Brickell Village into her apartment building, Axis. So far police have some surveillance video. [CBS4]
- Over 1400 people showed up for the memorial service for slain FIU football player Kendall Berry. [WSVN]
- An employee at the Biltmore hotel called in a bomb threat because he wanted a day off. Of course he was arrested and will have plenty of days off, so in that sense, it worked. [CBS4]
- Gameworks in Sunset Place has closed down. Where will all the South Miami tweens go now to hang out in a safe environment on a Friday night? [CBS4]
- Some creepy man walked up to two woman on South Beach and started stabbing them. [JustNews]
- Kendrick Meek has officially become to first senate candidate in Florida to qualify by petition. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Trump Sues Univision for a Half-Billion Dollars, Proves He's Totally Unfit for the...
- U.S.-Cuban Embassies May Be Reopening, but Appointing an Ambassador Might Become a Fight
- Heat Signs Dragic to Five-Year, $90-Million Deal; Still Pursuing Wade