News Roundup: AFC Beats NFC in Pro Bowl
- Los Van Van, the Cuban dance band that performed at the Knight Center last night, drew around 400 anti-Castro protesters. [ABCNews]
- Inner-city neighborhoods such as Liberty City might be in position for an economic renaissance. [Herald]
- Miami-Dade interim director James Loftus is expected to be permanently named to the gig. [Herald]
- Despite the fact that there's no viable threat, security officials are working around the clock preparing for the Super Bowl. [WaPo]
- Britney Spears was in town over the weekend before jetting back to L.A. for the Grammys. Apparently her outfit did not please the fashion blogs. [HollywoodLife]
- The AFC topped the NFC in the this year's Pro Bowl, with help from two field goals by the Fins' Dan Carpenter. Nope, Ochocinco didn't get a chance to kick. [Herald]
- A 15-foot-tall statue of Don Shula was unveiled outside Sun Life Stadium. [Herald]
- Hurricanes basketball finally won another ACC game, beating Virginia Tech 82-75 with major help from James Dews. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next