- The bailout agreement fell apart. House Republicans balked. John McCain hasn't helped much. Talks continue.[NY Times]
- Washington Mutual officially collapsed. It's the biggest failure in US banking history. [WSJ]
- No one is sure if they're having the debate tonight or not. [Herald]
- Developers want to allow casinos in downtown and on the beach. Like anyone has money to gamble anyway. [Herald]
- Matt Pinzur has left his reporter job at The Herald to become a special advisor to County Manager George Burgess. [Naked Politics]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.