- The bailout agreement fell apart. House Republicans balked. John McCain hasn't helped much. Talks continue.[NY Times]
- Washington Mutual officially collapsed. It's the biggest failure in US banking history. [WSJ]
- No one is sure if they're having the debate tonight or not. [Herald]
- Developers want to allow casinos in downtown and on the beach. Like anyone has money to gamble anyway. [Herald]
- Matt Pinzur has left his reporter job at The Herald to become a special advisor to County Manager George Burgess. [Naked Politics]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.