- The bailout agreement fell apart. House Republicans balked. John McCain hasn't helped much. Talks continue.[NY Times]
- Washington Mutual officially collapsed. It's the biggest failure in US banking history. [WSJ]
- No one is sure if they're having the debate tonight or not. [Herald]
- Developers want to allow casinos in downtown and on the beach. Like anyone has money to gamble anyway. [Herald]
- Matt Pinzur has left his reporter job at The Herald to become a special advisor to County Manager George Burgess. [Naked Politics]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.