- Today is sentencing for five members of the Liberty City Six. Each could face up to 70 years in prison. [CBS4]
- Miami 21 got its first stamp of approval from the city commission Friday night. But there's still plenty of hoops the plan has to jump through before becoming official. [SFBJ]
- Say hello to Tropical Storm Fred. [NBCMiami]
- Cigarette sales in Florida are down 28 percent from last year, possibly as a result of the dollar-per-pack tax hike. That's good news for anti-smoking advocates, bad news for lazy politicians who think cigarette taxes are an easy source of money for the state. [CBS4]
- A 3-year-old fell three stories from a North Miami condo building and landed on concrete, but he is in stable condition. [CBS4]
- The state began rolling out its new lotto vending machines this past weekend. [NBCMiami]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Erika Now Projected To Miss South Florida
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys