- Today is sentencing for five members of the Liberty City Six. Each could face up to 70 years in prison. [CBS4]
- Miami 21 got its first stamp of approval from the city commission Friday night. But there's still plenty of hoops the plan has to jump through before becoming official. [SFBJ]
- Say hello to Tropical Storm Fred. [NBCMiami]
- Cigarette sales in Florida are down 28 percent from last year, possibly as a result of the dollar-per-pack tax hike. That's good news for anti-smoking advocates, bad news for lazy politicians who think cigarette taxes are an easy source of money for the state. [CBS4]
- A 3-year-old fell three stories from a North Miami condo building and landed on concrete, but he is in stable condition. [CBS4]
- The state began rolling out its new lotto vending machines this past weekend. [NBCMiami]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.