- Miami Beach sea turtles are under constant threat because their nests share the beach with us humans. The worse kind of humans -- drunk ones. "Mr. Buchanan voluntarily protects the nests from what he says is the constant threat of drunken nighttime visitors who pour out of nearby nightclubs to go for a midnight swim or make-out session in the sand." [NYTimes]
- Now it's the City of Miami's turn to deal with its budget. Their first public hearing on the matter begins tonight at 5:05. [Herald]
- The apartment vacancy rate in Miami-Dade has hit 5.8 percent for the first time in five years. Meanwhile, the average monthly rent is expected to fall to $1,069. Sounds like it's time to renegotiate my lease. [SFBJ]
- Meanwhile, new foreclosure filings are up 18 percent in the county between July and August. [Herald]
- Miami Beach Mayor Matti Bower is apparently on Team Clucky and will ask the city commission to grant Mr. Clucky the rooster a special exemption that would allow his glorious return to South Beach. [NBCMiami]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.