- Dodging this shoe was like the most awesome thing President Bush has done in years. It kind of makes you remember why so many Americans wanted to have a beer with him in the first place. [AFP]
- Myriam Marquez wrote this horribly mean thing about Charlie Crist's wedding, and failed to make even one gay joke. Unless you count that part where she called it a "political fairy tale." Even still, I bet Charlie has no problem with keeping the honeymoon short. [Herald]
- Your Miami Dolphins kept the 49ers TD-less, and pulled off a win, 14-9. They remain tied for first with the Jets and Patriots. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Fidel Castro may be the Dick Cheney of Cuba, in that he doesn't have the official title, but he still may be running the show. [Herald]
- Jane Dee Gross wants to run for a seat on the Miami Beach City Commission after her husband, Saul Gross, is forced off in 2009 due to term limits. [Herald]
- National treasure Lindsay Lohan was in Miami for like a couple hours on Saturday while her girlfriend Samantha Ronson spun at Karu & Y. [E!]
- The Florida Red Cross laid off nearly half of its staff. [Local10 ...er Just News?]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Chiquitica, Dog Who Sailed From Cuba Last Month, Hit by Car
- "Clean Energy Advocate" Carlos Curbelo Supports More Oil Drilling
- Majority of Floridians Support Legalized Pot, but 83 Percent Say They Wouldn't Use It...