- UM is asking its individual schools to cut their budgets by at least 5 percent, and is considering pay freezes. [CBS4]
- Steve Rodriguez attempted to undress and possibly rape a woman in the parking lot at the International Mall. Now he's in police custody. [NBC6]
- A baby alligator? In my pool? [NBC6]
- More than 3,000 pounds of pot were found at the Port of Miami. [Herald]
- Another Medicare fraud ring, this one involving obsolete HIV therapy. [JustNews]
- Opium is moving from South Beach to the Hard Rock casino in Broward. Classy. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next