- Rep. Tim Mahoney may have had a second affair with an official in Martin County. Keep it in your pants, man. [AP]
- The head of Miami's SEC office is in hot water for dropping action against Bear Stearns. [Herald]
- FPL will raise its rates slightly in January to pay for the construction of two Nuclear power plants. [Local 10]
- Rumor: Layoffs at Ocean Drive. Hope not. [Gawker]
- Teachers will bring bars of soap to Today's school board meeting to protest that the board "come clean" during the district's budgeting process. [Herald]
- Though both the Miami-Dade and Broward school districts received a $250,000 grants yesterday. That'd pay the salary of a Superintendent for a year. [Sun-Sentinel]
- The Canes' recruiting class may again be one of the best in the nation. [ESPN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Put Every Toll Increase to a Local Vote, New Petition Argues
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
Thu., Aug. 6, 6:35pm
- Miami Dolphins Fans' Survival Guide to Training Camp
- Boxer Yathomas Riley Charged With Murdering Wife, Three Years After Beating Similar...