- A bunch of protesters came out this weekend against health-care reform, and Charlie Crist called the bill a "cockamamie" idea. [CBS4]
- Erik Fresen, a Miami-area representative who wants to be speaker of Florida's House one day, is facing foreclosure. [Herald]
- Heat player Michael Beasley got what is probably the stupidest tattoo outside of Mr. Cool Ice. Oh, also, there is a mysterious "baggie" in a photo he posted to Twitter. [NBCMiami]
- It's the first day of class in Miami-Dade public schools. [Herald]
- The Dolphins remain undefeated in the preseason, picking up a second win against Carolina this past Saturday, beating them 27-17. [PBPost]
- Unfortunately, two players were out of the game owing to dreaded swine flu symptoms; one might have even tested positive. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys
- Critical Mass Rides Tonight in Memory of Fallen Cyclist and Ahead of Tropical Storm Erika