- A bunch of protesters came out this weekend against health-care reform, and Charlie Crist called the bill a "cockamamie" idea. [CBS4]
- Erik Fresen, a Miami-area representative who wants to be speaker of Florida's House one day, is facing foreclosure. [Herald]
- Heat player Michael Beasley got what is probably the stupidest tattoo outside of Mr. Cool Ice. Oh, also, there is a mysterious "baggie" in a photo he posted to Twitter. [NBCMiami]
- It's the first day of class in Miami-Dade public schools. [Herald]
- The Dolphins remain undefeated in the preseason, picking up a second win against Carolina this past Saturday, beating them 27-17. [PBPost]
- Unfortunately, two players were out of the game owing to dreaded swine flu symptoms; one might have even tested positive. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Tue., April 28, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., April 30, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident