- Obligatory debate fact check. [USA Today]
- Democrats today are holding press conferences (at Parrot Jungle!) where they're expected to make allegations claiming Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart was funneled money by an indicted Puerto Rican Senator. [Naked Politics]
- In blog land Babalu Blog is claiming Joe Garcia is a criminal for sending campaign emails to county addresses. SFDB is quick to retort that Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen has done the same thing. [Babalu, SFDB, Herald]
- World Wide Rate Cut! [WSJ]
- "Joe Cool", aka the S.S. Murderboat, is up for auction. [NBC 6]
- Grumpy Fort Lauderdale mayor Jim Naugle and a few of his "Democrat" friends are backing the Gay Marriage Ban amendment. [Herald]
- Considerably less grumpy Michael Pizzi was elected Mayor of Miami Lakes. [Eye On Miami]
- Joe "Hair Plugs" Biden, running mate of Senator That One, will be on the Gulf Coast of Florida today, two days after Palin. [CBS4]
- Crazy Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott defends his use of "Hussein" because Obama's name is weird. “Well, what is ‘Barack Obama?’ That’s not ‘Mike Scott’ or ‘Jim Smith.’” Yeah, thank god Obama is not a Mike Scott. He's also under federal investigation for stumping in uniform. [NDN, NDN]
- The Herald has a Q&A with club kid/designer/"musician"/sad little glitter explosion Richie Rich on the web front page. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next