- Miami-Dade teachers will see their first raise in nearly four years. On average, they'll see a 1.8 percent bump in their paycheck beginning in December. [Herald]
- Our three local GOP congressman went to Honduras on a fact-finding mission and as a stunt to point out Zelaya should not be reinstated as president under any circumstance. [SunSent]
- A nurse at Broward General Medical Center was caught reusing supplies while administering IVs. She has been fired, but officials urge patients to get tested for HIV, hep B, and hep C. [CBS4]
- Prosecutors don't plan to charge the 17-year-old accused assailant in the Coral Gables High stabbing as an adult. [CBS4]
- The Dolphins will wear orange jerseys when they host the Jets. NBCMiami thinks they're hideous; we just think they look a little too much like Hurricanes jerseys. [NBCMiami]
- Tim Tebow keeps God under his eyes. Jacory Harris keeps Jay-Z. [NYTimes]
- BTW, here is what will happen if VT, GT, and UM all finish with one loss. [ESPN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys
- Critical Mass Rides Tonight in Memory of Fallen Cyclist and Ahead of Tropical Storm Erika