- New York City's Emperor Mayor Bloomberg will send some of his city's homeless away to Miami, which is really what we need. [NBCMiami]
- The accused cat killer might have been interested in a plea deal before his attorneys got involved. [Herald]
- Two men pretending to be cops pulled a couple over, asked them to get out of their car, and then beat the husband to death. [Herald]
- A Gulliver Prep football player headed to USC with high hopes, but he won't play for the team owing to a genetic heart condition. [LATimes]
- Charges against the Fins' Randy Starks have been reduced. [SunSent]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.