- New York City's Emperor Mayor Bloomberg will send some of his city's homeless away to Miami, which is really what we need. [NBCMiami]
- The accused cat killer might have been interested in a plea deal before his attorneys got involved. [Herald]
- Two men pretending to be cops pulled a couple over, asked them to get out of their car, and then beat the husband to death. [Herald]
- A Gulliver Prep football player headed to USC with high hopes, but he won't play for the team owing to a genetic heart condition. [LATimes]
- Charges against the Fins' Randy Starks have been reduced. [SunSent]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.