- The Miami-Dade government promised it would cut pay to several workers to balance the budget, but sure is taking its time doing so, which is costing millions every week. [Herald]
- Alex Sink, Democratic candidate for Governor, will headline the state's biggest gay rights group's annual gala in Ft. Lauderdale. [NakedPolitics]
- Miami CIty commissioners will have their second reading and voting on Miami 21 today. [CBS4]
- There will be a few Global Warming rallies going on in town this Saturday. [Herald]
- The city commission agreed to issue about $40 million more in bonds than was anticipated in order to build parking for the Marlins stadium. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next