- During last night's School Board meeting a man asked the board members to put as much effort into trying to save jobs as they did into getting rid of Rudy Crew. Whoops. They cut 370 positions throughout the district. [Herald]
- Tougher voter ID laws are going into effect a month before the election. [Palm Beach Post]
- "Crist won’t actively push gay marriage ban". He says he'll personally vote for the amendment, but publicly campaigning for it is not a "top-tier" concern for him. So when it comes to gay marriage, Charlie Crist is not on top and he won't actively push. You heard it here first! [Fox News]
- The leader of the Florida chapter of the Christian Coalition says Obama is "scary" because he has "Muslim roots." Meanwhile, Sarah Palin might have quoted an anti-semitic writer in her convention speech. Be offended in whatever way that reinforces how you were going to vote anyway. [Naked Politics, Politico]
- Raul Martinez swears he doesn't lobby. He's never even been in a lobby. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Trio Who Stole 150 Pigeons From Kendale Lakes Farm Sought By Police
Tue., May 26, 6:35 p.m.
Wed., May 27, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., May 28, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 1 p.m.
- All Aboard Florida Trips Between Miami and Orlando Will Cost About $143
- Teen Girl Asks Cop If She Can Keep a Little Bit of the Pot He Found on Her