- Alleged cat killer Tyler Weinman will be released from jail on bail Wednesday. He'll remain under house arrest and be monitored with a tracking bracelet. [Herald]
- Donte' Stallworth got only 30 days in jail for manslaughter, which is, um, not a whole lot of time for slaughtering a man. [NBCMiami]
- No one wants to name a high school after Janet Reno, so instead it goes to Alonzo Mourning. [AP]
- The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee is getting involved in last weekend's mysterious shooting of a tourist at the hands of a Miami Beach cop. [Herald]
- Prosecutor David Ranck (alleged pizza lady puncher, but we digress) lost his freedom of speech lawsuit against the state attorney. He was suspended for 30 days, in part for posting a critical memo on his blog. [Herald]
- Twin sisters escaped poverty in Miami, and now they're veterinarians in Jacksonville. [Jax]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.