- Alleged cat killer Tyler Weinman will be released from jail on bail Wednesday. He'll remain under house arrest and be monitored with a tracking bracelet. [Herald]
- Donte' Stallworth got only 30 days in jail for manslaughter, which is, um, not a whole lot of time for slaughtering a man. [NBCMiami]
- No one wants to name a high school after Janet Reno, so instead it goes to Alonzo Mourning. [AP]
- The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee is getting involved in last weekend's mysterious shooting of a tourist at the hands of a Miami Beach cop. [Herald]
- Prosecutor David Ranck (alleged pizza lady puncher, but we digress) lost his freedom of speech lawsuit against the state attorney. He was suspended for 30 days, in part for posting a critical memo on his blog. [Herald]
- Twin sisters escaped poverty in Miami, and now they're veterinarians in Jacksonville. [Jax]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Trio Who Stole 150 Pigeons From Kendale Lakes Farm Sought By Police
Tue., May 26, 6:35 p.m.
Wed., May 27, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., May 28, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 1 p.m.
- All Aboard Florida Trips Between Miami and Orlando Will Cost About $143
- Teen Girl Asks Cop If She Can Keep a Little Bit of the Pot He Found on Her