- Alleged cat killer Tyler Weinman will be released from jail on bail Wednesday. He'll remain under house arrest and be monitored with a tracking bracelet. [Herald]
- Donte' Stallworth got only 30 days in jail for manslaughter, which is, um, not a whole lot of time for slaughtering a man. [NBCMiami]
- No one wants to name a high school after Janet Reno, so instead it goes to Alonzo Mourning. [AP]
- The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee is getting involved in last weekend's mysterious shooting of a tourist at the hands of a Miami Beach cop. [Herald]
- Prosecutor David Ranck (alleged pizza lady puncher, but we digress) lost his freedom of speech lawsuit against the state attorney. He was suspended for 30 days, in part for posting a critical memo on his blog. [Herald]
- Twin sisters escaped poverty in Miami, and now they're veterinarians in Jacksonville. [Jax]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.