- Early turnout for local elections has been very light. [Herald]
- The fight to save Miami Marine Stadium after 17 years of neglect is still on. [CBS4]
- Police are investigating the death of a 3-year-old boy who was found at the bottom of a swimming pool in Southwest Dade. [Herald]
- State Sen. Paula Dockery will officially run for governor, facing Bill McCollum in the Republican primary. [CBS4]
- So Don King walks into a Charlie Crist fundraiser... [NakedPolitics]
- President Obama has appointed Miami resident (and big donor) J. Ricky Arriola to the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities. [NakedPolitics]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- ISIS-Sympathizing Uber Driver Who Wanted to Kill Miamians Is Sentenced to Ten Years in...
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
Thu., Aug. 6, 6:35pm
- Harlem Suarez Planned to Blow Up Key West Beach in ISIS-Inspired Attack
- Miami Is the Most Expensive City in America for Millennials to Rent