- Haha, what? That guy who was not Gwen Margolis won the property appraiser run-off election, and this was all totally worth $3 million. [Herald]
- Whoa, whoa, woa. Illinois. Florida would like to remind you we're the most corrupt state in the nation. Florida has had more convicted officials in the past 10 years than any other state. [Eye on Miami]
- George W. Bush really, really wants Jeb to run for Senate. [WashTimes]
- Oh, just your basic fugitive mom kidnapping scandal. [SunSent]
- Dolphins playoff scenarios. [Herald]
- This highly respected, very serious political Internet blog, Wonkette, seems to think Charlie Crist will run for President in 2012 if only because Sarah Palin will be "a witless narcissist in a trashy red motorcycle jacket." They are probably correct. [Wonkette]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.