- A county program that helped low-income people pay their utility bills will be shut down because the county was overwhelmed by the amount of applications that came in. [CBS4]
- Whiney Fidel Castro says America is infecting Cuba with swine flu, but not intentionally. [CBS4]
- For the 21st time this year, a slaughtered horse was found in South Florida. [Herald]
- Gas prices in South Florida have hit a high for 2009. The average is now $2.72 a gallon. [CBS4]
- This video and story about a University of Miami walk-on player will absolutely break your heart and possibly bring you to tears. So grab the tissues. [ESPN]
- The Patriots had a bye week, so where did Tom Brady and Gisele head for Halloween? Miami. [JustJared]
- The Heat topped the Chicago Bulls 95-87 after beating the Pacers Friday. Miami is undefeated, which means little this early in the season, but it's pleasing nonetheless. [UPI]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Michael Pizzi Back in as Mayor of Miami Lakes After Wayne Slaton Steps Down
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"